A special pension provides additional monetary benefits for eligible veterans and surviving spouses who require assistance to perform daily tasks.
While looking into placement at any of O’Neill Healthcare’s five locations, inquire if you can qualify for the Veterans Aid and Attendance (A&A) benefit.
The veteran may be eligible for up to $1,881 per month while a surviving spouse may be eligible for up to $1,209 per month. A veteran with a dependent may be eligible for up to $2,230 per month. These rates are approximate and subject to change annually*.
*Rates for 2019
You have earned the right to be eligible for these tax free benefits in recognition of your service to our country. Once received, the benefit will continue as long as you are meeting the criteria.
Basic eligibility criteria:
· has served at least one day during war time period
· has served 90 days on active duty
· received an honorable discharge
· has the need of assistance with two or more of the following:
- eating, bathing, toileting, or dressing assistance on a regular basis and/or
- has a physical or mental incapacity that requires assistance on a regular basis to protect from daily environmental hazards
O’Neill Healthcare’s Bay Village and Lakewood locations proudly serve veterans through a contract with the Veteran’s Administration. These two VA contracted facilities are able to assist service connected Veterans in need of rehabilitative therapies, long term care as well as hospice care.
The VA established new requirements for evaluating Net Worth, Asset Transfers and Income Exclusions for Needs Based Benefits for wartime veterans and their surviving spouses. For more information regarding VA Benefits, call O’Neill Healthcare’s admissions department at (440) 808-5500 or call the Veterans’ Administration office directly at (800) 827-1000.